Welcome to My Personal Page
Dear Family & Friends –
I am writing to ask for your support for a cause that is extremely close to my heart. Ronald McDonald House New York provides temporary housing and support for pediatric cancer patients and their families. The House is a special place where kids with cancer can be kids first, rather than kids defined by their illnesses. It’s a place where families can live together during the most stressful time in their lives, and where families can look to each other for additional care and support
The House relies on local support and raises money for programs which are run by volunteer teams. This fundraiser effort started over twenty years ago. Each year we have a very special event and it will be held on Wednesday June 19, 2019 at Guastavino’s in New York City. We had over 1,000 people in attendance last year and this year promises to be even better.
I would respectfully request your help with these special children in an effort to make their lives easier as they battle rare and aggressive cancers. By purchasing a ticket on my page, or simply donating, you can be a part of this great event to support the kids and their families in the toughest time of their lives.
Many of you have been generous supporters in years past and have asked what donation would be appropriate. Please know that there is no gift too small and certainly no gift too large. Please see below a sample list of a few activities that we have been able to fund as a result of your generous donations.
• Cookie Decorating & Ice Cream Social ($50): This is a wonderful day to end a long day of chemotherapy treatment, to provide the kids and their families with large ice cream sundaes and fresh baked cookies with all of the accessories.
• Dinosaur Hunting: ($75): One of my fellow volunteers purchased large bins, sand and toy dinosaurs. The children used their best archaeological skills to search for the bones to help assemble tyrannosaurus, velociraptor and triceratops dinosaurs that had been buried for thousands of years.
• Birthday Gifts ($150) – As a result of their ongoing treatment, many of the children and their siblings are forced to celebrate their birthdays at the Ronald McDonald House. The house has a program that allows parents to fill out a survey and prioritize gifts and birthday themes to bring a smile to their children’s faces. If the house doesn’t have a particular gift that a child has requested, they will do their best to find that special gift.
• Frozen Tickets: ($250) – In February of this year, we took 50 children and their parents to Frozen, a show on Broadway. Many of the children dressed up as Elsa and Anna (characters from the show).
• Mother’s Day Flowers ($750) – With the support of a local florist, we made over 60 fresh flower vases the Tuesday before Mother’s Day to put a smile on the mothers’ faces.
• Intrepid Tour ($1,000) – Through the help of a house connection, we are able to get a subsidized rate to take the children and their families to the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum. Once the museum closes its doors to the public for the day, the museum reopens its doors to the children and their families and provides dinner, movies, and different types of experiments.
Lastly, I will be attending the Ronald McDonald House Camp, through the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House and Children’s Hospital Of Philadelphia, from August 11th-August 18th. If I am fortunate enough to raise at least $10,000 this year, I intend to donate one week of my Wells Fargo salary to the Ronald McDonald House to express my sincere gratitude for your generosity and support of the House.
Thank you for your continued interest.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.